These terms and conditions explain your rights and responsibilities and also ours. “You” means the Client named in the Contract and “We” means the Photographer (GDphotographer). The “Contract” means the contract signed by you and incorporates these terms and conditions. “Wedding” shall, if the context so requires, be deemed to be a reference to a civil partnership ceremony or any other analogous ceremony.
- We agree to supply to you wedding photography services in accordance with the Contract. The Contract incorporates all the terms agreed between us and no variation shall apply unless agreed in writing and signed by both parties.
- You must ensure that any representation or promise on which you rely and which is important to you is written on the Contract and signed by you and our representative. A space has been provided on the Contract for this purpose.
- We ask you to note any special requests on the in the space on the Contract provided for that purpose. We will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable requests made by you but can not guarantee to be able to do so.
- The Deposit is payable by you on the signing of the Contract. This will be set against the total fees payable by you.
- The balance of the Package Fee must be paid by you no less than 30 days prior to the date of the wedding. If the Package Fee is not paid by that date, we reserve the right not to provide any services until payment is made or to treat the Contract as being cancelled by you. The provisions of clause 22 will then apply.
- The Package Fee includes the time and expense of our photographer traveling to and from the agreed locations. It also includes his time for attending to take photographs as stated on the Contract.
- All prices include v.a.t. (where applicable).
- We are appointed by you as the exclusive professional photographer for the wedding. Amateur photography by guests will be permitted but you must ensure that this does not interfere or conflict with the services we have agreed to provide.
- It is agreed with you that a specific photographer (Gary) will provide the services on your day. We will use our best endeavours to ensure availability on the day. In the unlikely event that Gary is unable to attend for reasons beyond his control (e.g. death, injury or illness) we will use our best endeavours to arrange a suitable replacement. If this is not possible clause 19 shall apply.
- We will discuss with you your general requirements and wishes in relation to the taking of the photographs. You should be aware that it may not be possible for these to be followed due to factors such as weather conditions, lighting conditions, the subjects being photographed and time constraints. You, therefore, grant us full and unfettered artistic licence in relation to the content of the photographs, their arrangement, composition, location and the number of photographs taken.
- Photographs will be taken against the available backgrounds. Please note that we can not move objects or perform other cosmetic duties on location.
- Weddings should be happy and relaxed occasions but the cooperation of you and your guests is essential in ensuring that the photography goes smoothly, the best results are obtained, and your goals achieved. You are, therefore, responsible for ensuring punctuality and the co- operation of your guests.
- All exposures are of nominal size. Every effort will be made to provide an identical
colourbalance between photographs but this may not always be possible due to factors such as lighting conditions and digital sensor limitations. Prints made on different occasions or in different sizes may also vary. Accordingly, no warranty is given that an exact colourmatch can be provided.
- We will supply you with proofs in the format agreed with you and in accordance with the package ordered by you as soon as is reasonably practicable after the wedding but can not guarantee precise timings.
- Prints and products must be ordered by you and your guests within 12 months of the wedding. After this time we can not guarantee being able to fulfill order and any order which we do fulfill will be subject to our then current price list.
- All digital media remains our property.
- The copyright in all images and copies of images whether stored digitally or otherwise and any computer program including any source or object code, computer file or printed documentation relating to such images remains our property. No images created as part of this Contract may be copied or reproduced in any way without our express prior permission. HOWEVER, if you have chosen our digital package copies/web use is permitted for personal use. Nothing in this clause permits commercial use which is strictly forbidden.
- We reserve the right to use or display any images created as part of this Contract in our studio, as part of our portfolio, at exhibitions, or for marketing purposes including internet marketing.
- In the unlikely event that we are unable to perform the Contract for reasons beyond our reasonable control (for example, death, injury, sickness), the Contract shall be cancelled but our liability to you shall be limited to a full refund of all fees paid by you.
- You may cancel the Contract at any time by notice in writing. The booking fee is not refundable.
- If the date of the wedding is postponed, we may at our sole discretion (which we will exercise reasonably having regard to our ability to obtain alternative work on the first agreed date and availability on the second date) agree not to treat the Contract as being cancelled but to provide the services on the postponed date and apply all monies paid by you towards the fees for that day.
- We will exercise the reasonable skill care and judgment that you would expect of a professional photographer but we shall not be liable for events beyond our reasonable control nor for loss which is indirect or consequential. Under no circumstances will our liability to you, whether for breach of contract, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise exceed the total amount that you have paid to us under this Contract. Our fees have been calculated on this basis. If you wish to have additional cover we would recommend that you consider taking out a policy of insurance. Nothing in this Contract shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by us of those for whose acts we are responsible.
- The number of images supplied on your USB will be at the photographer’s discretion.
- We cannot be held responsible for errors via 3rd party printers where
coloursor cropping do not match the final image we provided you.
- Photographs are not taken throughout meal times as we find it unprofessional to photograph you and your guests whilst eating.